WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

DOG WORK

I started with Edgie this morning because he is entered in everything in the farm trial and I realized I had never done any pens with cows with him. Geez he is easy easy easy. I just said get in and gave him a flank and he did it. He was a little reluctant to go in but geez I fight every day with Dare about going into a small pen and Edgie was nothing like that kind of fight. It was just, yes you will go in and he said oh ok. I also was unsure if he would gather a 5 cows since we had never done that either. At first I was worried because I sent him as soon as we walked into the arena and he just drove them away from us. So I stepped up and helped him around and after that he just did it. I sent him the full length of the arena but stepped half way to help him and he did just fine. He knows what get back means and he doesn't do stupid go to the head moves to turn them like Dare and Dually both do. He is still building confidence but once he does, he will be hard to beat. Then I worked Dually on ducks. I had to work the corner again. He did not want to turn away on his away to me flank and get in the corner and take them out yesterday. He kept coming in shallow and holding them. I worked it yesterday and actually today, he did not try to hold them but he wasn't going deep enough for me. I worked it for a while and then we worked on the AKC crossdrive because we have a trial this weekend. He is a great dog too. calm and deliberate and never looks at me but does listen. Dare worked too. At first he was very sloppy on his flanks, but we worked on it and he got better and we both left happy. I was pleased with all of them today and I can't always say that.

No comments:

Post a Comment