WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Day 2

Today I went 430 miles or so. from Carlisle Pa to Baileyton, Tn. Driving was good on 81 but the hills thru the mountains are killers. I got 7.9 miles to the gal. Yikes. I stopped every 2 hrs to either stop at a rest stop or at a gas station. Gas stations were easier to get in and out of down here because the truck stops are bigger. I finished one book on tape and started another. I'm at a nice campground and as soon as I took the dogs out Edge rolled in something disgusting. I let them go for a run before I used my outdoor shower and washed him. Worked great. Edge is also lame on the right front. I think it's his toe. Thank goodness it's not Dually. We found a little pond and they immeditely went swimming. That would not have been my choice but oh well. I used the oven to cook some potatoes and put a piece of fish in the frying pan and without the exhaust fan working, the smoke alarm went off and I could not get it to shut off. I had to open all the windows and wait for the smoke to dissipate. The oven worked fine though. Not that hard to light the pilot either although you can't see what you are doing . I did try calling a Camping World on the way down but they didn't have a full crew and could not help me. I am hoping to make it to another on Monday. It means I will not make it to Texas on Tues as planned. 400 more miles tomorrow and then Monday am 200 to the Camping World but I should still get there early because there is the time difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment