WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, October 17, 2014

I have a cold

I almost never get sick but I have a crappy cold so I don't feel like doing much. Yesterday it rained most of the day and sometimes it came down hard so I watched tv most of the day. I did take Dually out between raindrops and we worked the sheep a little and then later that night I took out the magpies and we worked them but they were way to coopertive. They ran right in the center pen and that is what we need to work on finesse and so were unable to do that. I tried the Y chute too and that was not good. My timing on that is non existent. So while I was watching Tv and sitting around anyway, I got my taxes signed and sent out and paid a bunch of bills and then I put some DVD's of the Bakersfield 2009 Finals cattle in the DVD player and watched a number of runs. The dogs were not very impressive and the more trouble they made with the cows, the more the cows went after the dogs. Not looking forward to that , although Dually generally doesn't cowboy it up. Hopefully he will have enough push to get them moving and keep them moving. The cows were so handler sensitive that you had to stand 1/2 arena away to not affect them. It was hard at the center pen. Most of the runs were taking the full 10 minutes which makes it a long DVD to watch. If it started out well I kept watching it but if it started badly, I kept watching it too because it was like a train wreck and I couldn't stop myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment