WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

3:30 and wide awake Yay

Ok yes I do have something on my mind. It's my tractor which I could not get started today.  I NEED  my tractor to work. I have 4 yds of mulch to spread and I can't get  cows if I can't move the hay. Anyway Nat and Joe came running up for me and Joe got it started but he thinks it probably wont' start again today. He's going to research it but who knows how long that will take. He thinks it might be a glow plug problem and that makes sense to me because the glow plug light used to stay on for about 3 secs and now it's 1 sec..  So that concern transferred into a bad dream where I could not get my truck to start. Fortunately it's just a dream.

The past few days Dually has been eating really well. No begging on my part.  And he is feeling much better since he threw that toy? up.  Who knows how long that had been in his gut. He is eating total raw now and I hope I can transition the other 2 economically to the same food. They sure do like it. 

Also the past few days I have been battling with the carpenter bees that have been eating away at my house for a few yrs.  I had taken the head in the sand approach but I finally decided after they started a new set of holes over the bathroom window that enough was enough. I ordered some on line poison for them from a company called "DO IT YOURSELF PEST CONTROL".  It's very potent stuff. I sprayed it over the wood first and then they gave me a puffer to puff a poison powder in the holes. I hope it works.  The little buggers are really bold flying down to hover and stare at me when I am out looking at their handywork. die bee die. They are also eating my shed out back and when I sprayed out there I disturbed a bunch of bats and I'm sure the poison did not do them any good.

This is the first year I have more grass than my livestock can eat.  Of course this is the first year I have only had 11 head.  I leave them out on the arena all day and in by the barn at night. They have not been on any of the other little pastures and some of the grass is waist high as it it in my front yrd because my lawn tractor is NOT BACK YET.

Today I was going to have a student come and help me with stuff, but I think it's going to be too hot and I will postpone her till maybe Thurs. She can't some until the heat of the afternoon and I am not going to kill myself spreading and hoeing mulch.

No comments:

Post a Comment