WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Pennsylvania

I only drove about 320 miles today and stopped at a campground next to a river(small)and far enough from the highway that I can't really hear it.  Last night I was at a dumpy campground right next to rt 81.  It was noisy but I used my earplugs. There is a state park driveway right here and I took the dogs for a run.  Kip is so fit that he is downright annoying with no exercise. I worked on his fetching a ball for me.  We started yesterday and  he is already bringing it back to me. He needs more one on one time. He is very enthusiastic!

I got ready to leave Fla on Sunday and I was ready to hook the trailer up and I could not get the antenna to go down. I called my neighbor who came over and climbed on the trailer and re-aligned it and we got it down.  I know what is wrong but I don't know how to fix it.  Then I asked him what I thought of the job I did on tying the mattress(that I hate ) to the roof of the car.  He redid the ratchet straps and put another rope on and said I would be fine.   I drove off and 15 miles later the tarp was flapping away so I pulled over and tucked it under and drove off again. Another mile and I hear the tarp flapping again so I pulled over and tightened the ratchets and drove off again for 5 miles and it was flapping again so I pulled over and then spent 40 minutes going up and down on my stepstool in 90 deg heat and tying another rope crisscross back and forth.  Finally it took and off I went. First traffic jam was getting from rt 301 to rt 10. It was just an entrance ramp but it was really poorly designed and the back up to about 20 minutes. Traffic was heavy but at least it moves on rt 95. I did about 280 miles on Sunday and that took much longer than it should have.  Day 2 I did 380 miles and today I did about 310.  Not far to go tomorrow so I stopped earlier than I planned.

Then I spent 2 hrs trying to get my DISH  to work.  This campground does not  have cable everywhere and since I was going to be here for a while I thought I should have Tv. I have it but not all the channels because the satellite is so low here in Pa.

No comments:

Post a Comment