WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, December 2, 2011

Day 2 at Norma's in ST Cloud

  Slept well last night.  I think I like melatonin.  Puts me out pretty quickly with no aftereffects.  I think my cold is finally running it's course.  I feel better and I am not coughing as much.

So we went to Sherry Lee's to work the dogs today.  What a nice place. Big huge flat grassy fields.  So big that when I sent Dually for an outrun, I had to call him back in because I have no idea where he was going.  Dare on the other hand was up close and personal as usual. They both did poorly and Sherry smartly changed the light sheep for duds after the first outrun.  However , I am not sure if that was our problem or hers. I wasn't letting my dog control them yet, because the outrun was so bad and the sheep kept running back to the repen. But the heavier sheep helped a bit. The outruns were still lousy and Dare was sniffing and doing a lot of avoidance behavours.   Dually was actully pretty fine.  The outrun was too  big but I can deal with that. However he wouldn't finish the outrun. He kept stopping short.  Guess I need to find some bigger fields.  So today's practice only cost me $50 .Yesterday's was $90.  I would go broke down here.

Norma and I talked about the possibility of me staying down here for 3 or 4 months next year.  It's an intersting thought.  The weather is pretty darn nice here.  

The dogs are enjoying the pond out back .

No comments:

Post a Comment