WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Trial Day one--Dothan Al--ASCA

We started out early but didn't get started early.  Handlers mtg was supposed to be at  7:30 . It was probably closer to 8:30 and then we started with duck runs. The ducks were pretty good, but they didn't want to go past the midline. Once you got them past the midline you were all set and the penned eaaily.  It was not an easy run. Dually got excused for stepping on a duck which is an improvement I guess.  He qualified in his next run and so got his first ADVduck leg.  Dare Q'd in all of his runs yesterday which is a new record.  All duck sheep and cattle runs.  The cattle are phenomenal here. The  goats are fun to run on and less scary than sheep. They aren't going to kill themselves.
Then we moved onto the Post advanced runs which lasted until 3 and we couldn't start the rest of the arena trials utnil then.  The arena trials(2) lasted until 8 or 8:30. They have lights in the arena. Dually , had 2 good OPen cattle runs and I would have sworn he Q'd in both but was disappointed to learn that 1 judge did not Q us.  So we need one leg to finish  our OPen title. He q'd twice on Adv Goats.  Oh geez I guess I have my ADv sheep title and I could finish my WTCH here theoretically which I had not planned on.  Hmmmm He's not really trained, it's just that the stock is so good and I can handle him around the course.

I was very pleased with both dogs, but as usual not so pleased with scores.  My lines need to get straighter and the course needs to be done more cleanly.  When Dare started to get riled up , I got quieter and calmer and I could physically see him come down a bit.  It was neat.  I tried very hard to stay calm with him.

It's very supportive atmosphere and I will definitely do this trial next year and I am going to do Post ADvanced next year.  Dare , maybe could have done it this year, but for sure next year. Goats don't rile him up like sheep. Sheep would have been impossible because they would have run to Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment