WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, January 2, 2012

Back from the Trial

Betty and I made good time coming back from Pa. It took us just 6 hrs.  It took us 7.5 going down. Damn NY and NJ traffic.  But considering it's another Holiday weekend, it was all good.   Much easier drive when you have someone else in the car to talk to.  On the way down we took a couple of routes that maybe in retrospect weren't the smartest.  Now we know, but will we remember?

The dogs rode well.  Dare in a crate with his new thundershirt on. Not sure if it made a difference to him.  Mikey in his crate. Fios in a crate and crazy  Peak in a small crate. Peaches and Dually had a bigger area with no crate that they had to stay in . THey did for the most part. Only a little problem on the way home when Dually decided to come up front and he crawled by Mikey's crate up to my head , which  wouldn't have been too bad but he was stepping on the window control and opening the window as he came which panicked me because he could have just fallen out.  We pulled over and pulled him over the seat back and he sat in Betty's lap for the next 2 hrs.

So the trial was low key, laid back and lots of fun.  The HTD field was 7 acres and steep hills and the footing was not so good.  Dually  was entered on Sheep in this field and his outruns were just amazing.  We had some trouble driving on the crossdrive but that was to be expected.  He isn't quite there yet on his flanks.  But we passed both trials and now he has his HTDs2.  I didn't enter DAre on Sheep because at level 3 the drive was about 300 ft away and I wasnt' sure if they were going to require a shed and we aren't doing that yet.  But I did enter him on ducks and he got his HTDd3.  Not a bad job,but at least he kept working away from me and that has been an issue in the past.

I had them both in HTADs on Sunday.  Dually on in the am so he got one leg on HTADs2 and DAre got his HTADs3 title.  Dare was awesome in his 2nd run.  He ran the course almost without me. It was like I know where you want these to go and he took them. He brought them to the free standing pen and before I could position him ,  he had them put in the pen.  I was floored.  We got a 91 out of 100 on that run.

Betty and Peak were awesome all weekend. That little dog can really work and she was relaxed and happy too. Fios did  some really nice stuff but we have some stuff we have to work on.

No comments:

Post a Comment