WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Building lambing pens Today.

  I have bought the wood and the hardware and we have the plan all set to go. I am going to build 3 pens that will be removable and reusable.  Each pen will be 4 by 6 and be built with plywood so that there is less of a draft although in that barn that is hard to get no matter what you build.   Each wall will be 3ft high and each pen will have a hinged door that I can actually get in and out of without crawling over.  At least that is the plan. We'll see how it comes together.   No more lambs last night.  Of course it will be below zero tonight so probably get a bunch born tonight.  Hmmm how to keep them warm.

Ok the pens are done. Really nice set up.  Yesterdays lamb is now in the house.  It wasn't nursing much and it was getting colder and colder.  I am determined to keep the bugger alive.  I am on my way to Tractor Supply for some milk replacer and to Kathy's for a catheter to tube it.  I had some colostrum from last year  and she ate about 2oz but didn't nurse vigorously and if I tube her , then maybe I wont 'have to have a bottle baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment