WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

BAD DARE

   I finished my lessons at 6:15 and was showing one of my students where the roots to the big pine tree had been pulled out and no dogs came to the fence.  The roots had been pulled out  from under one end of the dog kennel and one kennel panel had been left loose. Bad Diane, I hadn't fixed it and Dare had gotten out yesterday but only went in the front yard and I was close by.  But there was only one dog in the kennel and it was the good dog(Dually).  We started to panic but there was a person walking 2 dogs out front and one of them was Peaches.They said they had been walking back and forth for a while trying to figure out where she belonged. I asked them if they had seen Dare ;and they said no.  So we got in the car and went to where he usually goes,but he wasn't there so I went in the other direction and a car pulled in behind me and said there was another black dog 2.5 miles in the other direction going towards Brookfield.  Dare has never been that far, so I immediately thought.uh oh maybe he got hit and was running.  We drove down to the end of the street and I blew my whistle the whole way, but we didnt 'see him. I turned around rather than keep going and about  3/4 mile back he was in the street. I stopped the car and asked Meg to call him and he came right to her. Not sure he would come to me and I didn't want to take the chance. He appeared fine and jumped right in the car which is very abonormal for him.  He was fine when we got home and seems none the worse for wear.  Me not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment