WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, April 5, 2013

Dog Work

This morning I went to my cross training class and snuck some time in with Dare before the class started. He did very well in that room.  I'm thinking he doesn't  like working at Collinswood because of the barking dogs.  
The pup worked the rest of the class and we did a little heeling a new way and some more box work and now we are going to start chin and cheek work this week.

I sorted off the  goats and worked all three dogs in the conrol pen.  Interestingly, the big white doe kept breaking off and running so Dare had to keep covering her.  She did not do that for Edge orDually.  I worked Dare and Dually on inside flanks and pressure in the corner. The goats didn't want to stay in the corner so I will have to keep working on that.

I did the same corner exercise with Edge with me up close. He didn't want to go in the corner if they were facing him so I had to keep backing him up.  He seems stickier on his go bye  side doing that and freer on the away. I need to get him in a bigger area and work on balance and pace.  He's cute though.  I did get him to come away from the sheep a few times  and come to me.  That's huge!

No comments:

Post a Comment