WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, April 15, 2013

Jan Wesen Clinic

4 days of clinic are over. I worked 2 dogs every day. Mostly Edge and Dually.  Edgie finally got some regular work and he now looks like a trained dog after  days.  We still have a ways to go of course but I am truly surprised at the things I pushed him to do and he did.  We did some take pens and some fetching and some corner exercises and then some driving. We worked flanks in just because and worked his That'l do and call off.  We worked on doing nothing and he is a bit busy footed so will do much more of that.
Dually worked on pressure pressure and more pressure. Pressure in the corners and then square flanks and inside flanks at the same time,staying behind and not going to the head, also a little more on pace. He took a lot of pressure but kept on coming back for more.  \\

I didnt' work Dare much but I do know what I will be working him on and it's square flanks and releasing pressure and getting off the heads.  Stay  behind you bad doggie.

The weather didn't cooperate.  It was fairly nice on Thurs, Fri was horrible, rain and cold. Sat was overcast and cold, Sunday was supposed to be nice but it was cloudy and windy mostly all day.
It made me start thinking about a viewing room in the barn with heat! Might be really nice for more April clinics.

Jan did a great job with everybody. She pushed them to do things they had no idea they could do. They did them well too.  We started 2 new pups,Barbs aussie and Bob's BC pup.  Nice pups.

My fridge stopped working mid clinic.  We took everything downstairs and put it in the other fridge and Ed vacuumed under the upstairs one. We didn't think that worked but it seems to be working again now.  I am going to buy new appliances but not until I need them this summer.

We worked dogs again this morning when Greg and Laura came back to take 4 lambs home with them.  They took some of my favorites so I happy they are going to a herding home. Jan and I went to Kaizen for  lunch and then I drove her into Boston oblivious of the bombing at the Marathon finish line. Never knew what was going on till after I dropped her and started home listening to the radio.  What a tragedy!


No comments:

Post a Comment