WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, April 18, 2016

Funny things happen to me

 I had a good day going.  It's still  a good day but now I hear a bird in my kitchen that I thought left hours ago. I guess not.  funny noises coming from that way anyway.  I will check soon.  So I was outside on my deck and I had the door open to let some fresh air in the house and out of the corner of my eye I see something fly in to the house. I walked in and it was a bird so I opened both doors and went to get something from the kitchen and when I came back I could not see the bird so I closed the doors.  Now that was hours ago. Maybe those odd noises in the kitchen are not a bird , I hope not.

I spent the afternoon working on my garden potting bench.  I used mostly lumber from the deck that they had left for me to build a stair for the dogs.  I didn't build the stairs but there is still some lumber left.  I also used some lumber that was in the burn pile and a 4 by 4 that I found by the barn.  It is coming out pretty good.  I work for a while then I rest and have some tea.  It's hard building stuff when you are working on the ground.  I dont' have a work table.  This thing will probably be partly a work table until I can get  a real one bought or built.   Anyway I am quite pleased with it so far.  I am trying to dress it up.  Still thinking of ideas.

Anyway I went to get some more boards in the golf cart.  They are in the front yard and I am building in the backyard. I picked them up and decided to go get the mail.  I get out of the golf cart and start to the mailbox and see a big turtle crossing the road towards my property.   I had my gloves already on so I picked him up and put him upside down on the golf cart and back to the house.  He went directly into the dog crate and we went for a ride.  I released him about 2 miles away and he left  me a present in the crate. Who'd thunk they could poop upside down? They did big holes in the pasture BTW.   good story?

No comments:

Post a Comment