WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Day of Ice

   I shoveled 5in first thing this morning.  But it continued to come down ,another 4-5 inches and then it sleeted and it hardened.  Late this afternoon I could barely shovel it. I just shoveled in front of doors and gates.  I'm getting tired of shoveling paths.
     I decided to bring the sheep in the barn and work them.  I used a goat panel to sort the preggers out and then used the goat panel kitty corner to stand behind so the sheep couldn't knock me over. It worked great as long as I didn't have to go out and help/correct the dogs.  I worked both Dare and Dually.  All I could do was flanks and 2 step walk ups.  Worked a little on Outs with Dare.  Dually was ok  on that but Dare completely forgot how to out straight.  It so small in there that I really couldn't help him much on that either. I feel I have lost his trust due to my losing my temper and I need to work very hard on regaining it.  I think next time I will work the ducks and not the sheep. I think I can get more done with the ducks.

1 comment:

  1. Dog's are very forgiving. I am sure Dare will give you another chance ;-) Sure hope you get a bit of warm weather soon. You all have had more winter than you deserve!

    ReplyDelete