WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, February 4, 2011

Snow Duty

     Today was clean up day.  I went to Walmart to get some Calcium Chloride to put on the roof.  But first I stepped thru thigh high snow to get to the ladder that I conveniently never put away after I cleaned the gutters this fall.  If I had put it away I would not have been able to get it out and in place, so kudos for me for procrastinating.  So the ladder was all ice covered and I knew how steep the roof was from prior experience,so I put my yaktraks on and went up.  Now normally I hate going on the roof.  I don't think I have been on my porch roof ever in 30+yrs, but Iwent up quite easily because the ground is a lot closer now than normal.  LOL.

   There is a darn lot of snow up there.  I used a shovel and a hoe to break the ice on top.  It was kinda slippery even with the yak traks .  I shoveled off about 6ft up and then I was actually relieved to get on the ladder.  I'm ot keen about ladders either. I threw about 10 paper bags of calcium chloride up there and Hopefully , they will clear the ice dams.  Then I went out the bedroom window onto the back porch roof and shoveled that off. I was worried that would collapse while I was on it, but I got lucky and hoorah I didn't fall in.  I threw some more bags on top of the bedroom roof and called it a day untill....
      I went outside to play with the dogs and check on the sheeps hay.  On the way back in , I looked at my lovely porta potti and the roof has started to cave in.  Great--  I shoveled that off and it's still collapsed so who knows what that will look like this spring.
      Tomorrow I am going to truck ducks over to the arena and work both dogs.  And then it's going to snow again ...Yay F'ng Yay

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you survived! I almost called you yesterday evening to check in on you, but then I figured I wouldn't get ahold of you and would wind up worrying unneccessarily all night. I figured Kathy would find you frozen in a snow bank eventually if you fell off, LOL. I put the ice dam removal directions up on my blog if you want to look at it. I think you can get there clicking my name on this comment? If not, drop me an email and I'll send you the link.

    ReplyDelete