WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Training in Maine

    So I was so shook up last night that I didn't post about training yesterday so I will today.
    I put Dually on a long line with a pinch and I let him dive in all he wanted but it didn't really stop him on Fri, so on Sunday and Monday, I put the pinch on and he dove in and I told him in no uncertain terms that I didn't like that. That seemed to affect him and he did it much less.  On Monday, I had the pinch and the line on him and I sent him to gather ducks which were against the wall. First time was perfect, scooped them up and brought them to me. Second time he dove in and I chased him off. I sent him again and it was perfect. So rather than beat a dead horse we moved on to something else.  I just did some balancing in the middle of the arena and he grabbed feathers once. I think I need to catch him quicker.  He seems to just get too close and can't help himself. So we got them together and drove them off straight and I did a couple of That'll do's which normally makes him dive in but I had worked on that on Fri and Sat and he didn't dive in on Monday. We quit on a good note after only a few minutes of work and then I brought him in a little later and did it again.
     Same with Dare. I worked on his outrun with someone in the arena and he is freaky right at first but got used to it and started to work better. short correct sessions and then leave.   NO MORE DRILLING DIANE.  They don't get it. They think they are doing it wrong no matter what they do.

No comments:

Post a Comment