WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Busy day for me anyway

  I spent 2 hrs outside this morning putzing around and working the dogs.  I am able to go into the duck enclosure and work on walk up and That'll do with Dually.  I also made him lay in the alleyway (2ft wide)and walked ducks by him (and as he lunged at them ) over him.  Working on taking the pressure calmly.  It's going to take a while. 


   Dare and I did a little shedding with the ducks. That is going to take a while too. He HATES it when he thinks some are getting away.  Well the first thing I am working on is calling him thru the hole.  He's not that bad at that but when he gets to me he tries immediately to regather the stock. I have to catch him up or he's gone again. But at least I can work on something at home now.

I cleaned the duck pen entry with a hoe and an hose today so it's much more pleasant to go in there. The newest lambs are doing ok. I have one with a low birth weight and I'm a  little concerned there maybe something wrong with her. She seems too have a tough time finding the teat.  Not much of a memory. Time will tell. They kept escaping from their pen today so I had to reinforce it. Mama wants to get out and socialize but I think it's too early yet. There is a heat lamp in there for the little one. I took her little coat off today and hopefully she will stay warm tonight. I may go check before bed or may not.

  I've decided that I need a little car in addition to my truck.  Something with superb gas mileage,but won't cost me much to buy.  I have some ideas just need to get working on it.

I took the dogs out back to run twice today.  The snow out back in some places is more than 6inches and the control pen is about the same.  It will melt sooner or later.

No comments:

Post a Comment