WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

The Trailer


   I saw it on Craigslist last night and it was the next town over and the price was only $300.  I thought what the heck I will go look at it, knowing it it was towable I would buy it.  I met the guy at CVS and followed him to the farm.  He said he had bought it with the thought  of fixing it for his wife but then she bought a much bigger horse and this is a small trailer.  He had started to fix it but didnt' get very far.  The doors work fine and the gate is in great condition. The floor is just ok. I would probably want to put a piece of plywood over it if I use it for animals. The tires are all a mess. One is completely flat and off the rim(I drove it home that way) He said he had filled it before he drove it home but it looked like that when he got home so there must be somethign wrong with the rim. Not sure if anyone has greased it lately but it was a short trip home and Yay I made it. I didn't go faster than 30mph.   If I don't use it for anything else , it will make a good obstacle for clinics or possible farm trials.

    Just worked Dare in with the  ducks. I'm working on shedding again. He was better today. Although it may have been because I was holding the Holy Grail in treats(sheep grain)but he came thru to me better than yesterday. He also very calmly without grabbing went into the narrow alleyway and brought the ducks to me a number of times. Each time I thought, ok here he goes he's going to grab and he didn't. Sometimes he does surprise me.  It got dark so I didnt' work Dually but Yay I'm outside working again after dinner.  It was nice out tonight, mid 40's maybe.  Still much much snow on pasture.  I fell in to my knees this morning walking around  out there. 

2 comments: