WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Kayak trip

   We left at 11 am yesterday to go fun kayaking and stopped on the way at a really nice farmstand in the Amherst area for lunch.  I had a yummy cupcake for dessert and good soup and excellent sushi.  It had lots of avocado on the outside. I just love avocado.   Then we went to the river and we were basically on time but they had a lot of people there that go out all at once so we had to all sit thru a rather long safety meeting  and then get fitted for life preservers and helmets. It was pretty shallow so not sure what the danger was.  
They put us on a bus and drove us about 10 miles. The whole way I was holding an ice water to my eye because I had put suntan lotion on my face and promptly rubbed it into my eye. boy did that sting. Finally we got there and we walked down a steep bank to get in our individual soft kayaks. They pushed us out and off we went. They were fairly comfortable and really easy to maneuver.  There was a little whitewater  but it was really pretty shallow.  We were often getting hung up on rocks and most of the time it was easy to get off them but once Carol had to get out of the boat and loosen hers up.  The whole trip took about 2 1/2 hrs and by the end we were looking for a place to get out. We were all pretty tired.

We stopped at a roadside stand for dinner and had some great sandwiches on nice fresh bread and then  left. Home at about 9:30.  Long day but fun.  I would do it again if the water was a bit higher.

Tonight (the sisters and the token Brother in law) and I went to dinner at a Mexican restaurant  in the next town.  Great margaritas and food was really good and plentiful too. I think everybody enjoyed it. It was an early B'day celebration for me so I got to choose the restaurant. I like it and I will go again.

Carol has 2 more days here and then she goes home to Va and we all go back to our regular lives. I'm glad she's here , it's fun to see her and we don't get to see her often enough.  Gotta love your sisters.

1 comment: