WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, July 27, 2012

lesson dogs

This morning I had 3 cattle dogs for lessons.  My job is to get them to get away from their handler and work the stock. I love this kind of challenge because the results are so often dramatic when they realize they are going to be allowed to work. There might be a little yahoo and some open mouths and maybe even some biting but if it will free them up , then it will be allowed. I am doing it with littlel jobs. We are going from pen to pen and they must bring all the  stock or go back and  get it until it's all there.  And then sometimes I will even let the owner let the dog run in after them and bring them out again.  It's all fun for the dog.

Dare, however is freaked out by my giving lessons. I put him in the crate in the house and the crate door was bent and he had drooled all over the crate. He can hear me in the house and it unnerves him. I don't know why, but he is scared badly.  I am going to put a crate in the kitchen which is farther  from the window and put a radio on loud.    I dont' know what else to do. I can sometimes keep him with me which is better but  sometimes I have to go in and work a dog and I can't tie him because he will try to hang himself.  Poor thing.

I ate a lot of my homemade ice cream which was more like ice milk but it was darn tasty.

No comments:

Post a Comment