WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, July 30, 2012

Dog Work

    I worked Dare and Dually on ducks today.  I am concentrating on the outrun lift and fetch for course A ducks AKC.  The outrun is generally ok and the lift is good on Dually, Dare needs work but the fetch on both is bad.  Dare pushed too hard and we end up weaving all over the field.  Dually pushed too h ard and he ends up running thru them.

     So I worked a bit on Dare first .  Trying to back him off and make him think on the lift and then on the fetch, not overflanking. I am using my stick from the cone and if he flanks too much left or right I can correct him by lifting it if I am quick enough.

     Dually had to work the corner with the ducks because as I send him in, he cuts in front of them as if he can't  see them.  When I reflank, he won't turn his head towards the fence to let them out.  I tried to show him, but not sure I got through to him.

      I got my farm sign today.  It's beautiful except I think the dog is a little funky.  It might just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment