WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, August 2, 2012

Todays' adventures

 Today we hooked up the horse trailer for the first time after being mostly fixed. New tires(2 not all 4) new floor,new tailgate fasterners and new upper doors so the livestock doesn't jump out.  It was an uneventful trip to Shelley's to pick up my lambs that I had lent to her to eat her grass. Grass is almost gone so back come the lambs.  I forgot how many I have her so I was surprised to pick up 5. One died while it was there. oh well. THey look good and now I can incorporate them back into the flock to use them. I counted and I have 20 sheep and 3 goats.  Too darn many.   No wonder I am buying hay every other week.

I worked Dare on the A course ducks and I realized that going from the hold pen to the number 4 , was a weak point( I knew that), but now I have a plan. I am going to teach him to hold them on the fence just like he does going from the corner thru the Z chute. He does that on his own so I guess I can teach him to do it from the hold pen to 4 and then work on the turn from 4 thru the crossdrive.   I also worked on  his fetch and is was much straighter and I really liked it.

No comments:

Post a Comment