WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

DAY OFF??

    I didn't have any lessons but Betty came to work her dogs  and Ed came to work.  He got a lot more done.  I have sweepers on some of my gates now so the ducks can't get under. And he replaced the breaker that goes to the well pump and we will find out if that was the problem. I hope that was the problem because I am not sure where to go from here if it doesn't fix it.  And he put slats on the ramp going to my shed so I wont' break my neck when it rains and I go out there.   He also put a few tractor loads of fill against the duck fence , again so the ducks don't escape.  

I went out grocery shopping, but the butcher was closed and I need to get salt free chicken so I will have to go back tomorrow. But I made an interesting penne with roasted peppers dinner. Lots of vinegar in it. It was good but not great.  I also made strawberry sorbet which was really good and I had it with some pieces of dark chocolate which I can eat. I cooked some more garbanzo beans and will make more hummus tomorrow sometime. lessons in the am.

I finally ordered all the ribbons for the AHBA trial at then end of Sept.  It's not easy to know what to spend when you have no idea how many people will come.

And I gave my farm sign a coat of exterior finish so Ed wouldn't have a stroke.

And Tim showed up and left 2 loads of fill for me.  Ed started to spread it, but will finish tomorrow. He did all the work today but I was exhausted this aftenoon . Now I am wide awake of course and watching the Olympics.

No comments:

Post a Comment