WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Boston

   Today I had an appt with a surgical oncologist at Mass General in Boston.  I can't say I hate Boston but it sure would help if I had a clue where I was going.  I don't mind traffic when I know what turns I have to make but when I dont' know it's very scary.

The directions are so stupid too. I should not have followed mapquest, but I don't trust my GPS.  The first turn off the turnpike said make a slight left and then turn right. That should have been a warning.  I didn't get in the left lane and I turned right on a street that should have been labeled , but was not. Yay I was right and was able to keep going onto Storrow Drive.  The next turn off of STorrow said go a short distance on Silver and then left onto Grove and it should have said take a left on Grove at the bottom of the ramp. I was in the wrong lane so I took a right.  Fortunately, a delivery truck pulled up next to me and I asked him where I should be going and he hooked me up and I went right around and back to the same intersection where again I didn't know to take the immediate left and went straight and then of course had to pull a u turn but it was legal. As I am sitting there in traffic , a bicyclist went between me and the parked cars and hit my mirror and turned it backwards. Grrrr. Got to Grove and turned in and then turned into the first parking garage I found.. At this point I am running a teensy bit (for me)late. Round and Round up and up and up to find a parking spot.  Finally on the way down I took the first one a found and it was number 551.  You would assume that was the 5th floor but apparently not since I could not find the car on the way out.

I asked the first person I saw how to get into the Yawkey bldg and she didnt know. It turns out she had walked right by it and was less than 50 ft from the entrance so not hard to find  ,but hmmm people are a little slow here in Boston. .

I went upstairs and Scarlet was sitting outside the waiting room waiting for me. A pleasant and welcome surprise.  She came in with me while we talked to the Dr.  I liked the Dr very much . Not sure if I will go to MGH for surgery but would feel comfortable if I did.

Scarlet and I went to lunch  at a Thai restaurant and then because I had another appt at 3 at UMass Memorial I had to leave.  Scarlet gave me directions and I got out to Storrow Dr ok but then it veered right and I veered left and off track again.  Apparently on my way to Fenway.  So I asked 4 dif people how to get back onto Storrow Dr which you could practically see from where I was. 2 didn't know and one said she didn't know where Storrow Dr was. The 4 th said take 2 lefts and go back but when I tried that , it was one way. Damn. so I took a right and then another u  turn.  and then I asked 2 more girls where to go and they poiinted me in the right direction and back onto Storrow Drive and then the ride to UMass was uneventful after I found the turnpike which I nearly missed too.

So the bottom line, is I am going for a punch biopsy and we will be scheduling surgery the first part of October. More confused than ever why I need the biopsy.  MGH dr said could be benign and that is why I need the biopsy, but the UmassDr said No, it can't be, but I still need the biopsy.  I was confused and still am .  Just going to do it and forget about it now.

Long day and I am not much furthur along in knowledge.


But my water heater is now working and I have hot water again , but still no shower and they won't be back until my floor tile comes in. I will call about that tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment