WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Wednesday, March 16, 2016

cattle lessons

When the clinic commenced, Cindy and I decided to go take a few cattle lessons with Rick Hardin. We went yesterday and today.  Edge showed his stuff by biting the side of the neck and getting tossed and rolled. Rick was not impressed.LOL.   Kip got to work too and he did a pretty nice job .  I was happy with him. He still doesn't want to confront heads but he it is easier and easier to hold him in there and back him up.  He did some really nice quiet sneaking up behind them and squaring his corners without getting kicked. If he gets kicked it will be hard to get him back on cows I think.   Today we set Edge up on a line and allowed a cow to turn back on him and Rick held the line and all I did was tell him to stay and when that cow lowered her head he hit her in the head hard.  maybe that is why he would rather hit somewhere else, it probably hurts to try to bit a cow in the forehead. He needs to hit the nose. Rick suggested keep him from biting anything for 6 mos.  I think I can do that. Not totally sure though.

I am going to try and go back for a couple of days on my way home from Fl. I tried to book a campground nearby and they appear to be full so I put my name on a waitlist. It's a state campground and sometimes it's impossible to get into those.

I stopped at Walmart and got my haircut and came back to campground and let the dogs run a little and then went inside and conked out on the recliner.  It's very windy out on the lake and I am really glad I put my awning in before I left this am.

Tomorrow I will move the trailer to Cartersville into a KOA and set up for the weekend trial.

No comments:

Post a Comment