WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, February 22, 2013

Henry J house is sold

Oh Well--you snooze you lose.

I walked Dually 2 miles yesterday and a mile this am. It's not hurting my feet yet so I can continue.  It's a bit tricky getting back in the dog yard though. This morning, Edge came to greet him and he nailed him and then Dare thought he should get in on it. I grabbed Dare just in time.

I've been working Dare every day on the corner exercise,making him walk deep into the pressure and then take an inside flank around them. He's doing it very well. Unfortunately, the sheep are too light and bust out of the corner and he had to go too wide to get them back. The object is to get him to do an inside flank all the way around them.  Maybe I need to move back even farther.  Yesterday, he did something I was quite pleased with.  I was trying to sort the lightest sheep off into the pen and he held them there without diving in. Even doing the cutting horse thing AND NOT COMING IN! It seemed like a pretty big deal at the time.

I was going to go to Al today, but it got cancelled because they are expecting lots of rain and thunderstorms. Might be able to go on my way home in 3-4 weeks.  Home is starting to sound really good.

Found out there is a YMCA fairly close by and they have Yoga, but it's too late to join now probably.

I went exploring this aft.  found out where the YMCA is located and it was not easy to find.  Signage is not existent.  I stopped at Tijuana flats for a taco and just like the first time, I thought the food was lousy. Ok off the list. I stopped at a mattress store because the cheap mattress I bought when I got here is no good.  They called the main office of the chain I bought it from to find out for me what the return policy it.  There is no return policy. I am SOL.  But I still need a mattress.  Not sure if I will buy another one down here or wait till I get home. Although there are a lot more places down here to get mattresses.

I took Dually out for another 1miles walk and he looked a little gimpy on the way back.  Might have to cut the walk back a bit.

Worked Dare for a few minutes on all 4 sheep. 2 light ones and 2 who don't want to be light.  I worked driving since that about all I can do with them.  Worked on holding the line and I am talking more to him and telling him when he is right and I think it is making a difference.

Jan called me and she is flying in early tomorrow to Jacksonville so I am going to meet her in ST Augustine and we are going to go to Ripleys and then out to lunch.  It's a mere 100 miles one way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment