WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Weekend at Rogers

373 miles from here in Fla is a long way.  I got there about 4pm on Fri. Roger,Kathy,Chuck and I went to dinner at Cracker Barrel.  Sometimes their food is darn good! I parked the trailer behind the barn and realized I forgot the electric adapter plug so I had to borrow one from Kathy and I was lucky she had one.  Got the dish set up and I thought maybe I could get internet but it didn't work well that far from the house.  I got it to work on MOnday am for a while.

We worked dogs all day on Sat and Edge got a chance too.  No line just on his own (with me).  I started in the take pen and we got him to go around the goats. It took a while. He wanted to dive into the pressure too.  Then right out into the arena and with Roger and I holding him in back he learned to walk nicely and  held pressure pretty good. I was really impressed when he just stood there nose to nose with a buck and waited for the buck to turn away. He did it a number of times and never even thought to jump the goat.All the dogs worked twice a day.  Sunday , Edge was even better.

Dually had some tough lessons.  We worked him a number of times in the corner and asked him to go around the goats.  He just could not do it without diving in 3 or 4 times first. We must have put a lot of pressure on his little body because he came up dead 3legged lame on Monday.  I never saw him do anything so I'm hoping it's soft tissue and not cruciate.  Can't see the vet until monday. The rimadyl has definitely taken the edge off and he is sorta walking on it, today(tues)

Can't remember what I did with Dare, but it must have been fine because othewise i would remember.
I was going to leave Monday am but it started to rain(pour)buckets on Sunday night and there were flood warnings and the tornado siren went off at 1am too.  I stuck my head outside to listen for a tornado and didnt' hear one so I went back to bed.  It rained so hard that the noise was deafening and it was hard to sleep.  over 8inches in less than 12 hrs.  It stopped raining around noon but I stayed an extra night just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment