WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, February 25, 2013

Whelping room

I am in the process of trying to clean out a room in Norma's house to put up a whelping box. She has an aussie bitch whelping next week. Anyway, it's  a room that she had a fire in and put it out with an extinguisher so there is powder everywhere and burn everywhere.  It'S  a manufactured home so there is plastic that has melted to the walls too. Looks like a bunch of work done right. I doubt I will be doing it right.  I started it with her home vac yesterday and that thing must be 70 yrs old. No suction that is useful to me. I understand there is a newer shop vac nearby and that is what I will use today.


I worked Dare last night and I think he is finally understanding not to go to the head when we are driving on a fence line and I think it is the constant talking to him when he is right that is getting thru to him. He did blow  thru twice . The first time he grabbed and the 2nd time, you could just see him and his body language,saying uhoh shouldn't have done that. 

The pup's recall is getting much better.  I worked a little on luring him into heel position with food yesterday and sit , stand, down and back.  I don't think he understands them at all.


Dually is learning a standing stop on our daily walks. In the past when I said stop , he would lie down, so I am trying to fix that.

No comments:

Post a Comment