WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, July 14, 2014

Back up Dually

Dually needs to be able to take a step back or two when I am penning and when I am doing a lot of things. He does not want to do that. He would rather come forward which of course could get me killed or a broken leg or something. So today we worked on back up. He learned this as a pup so I know he knows what the words mean but he sure did not want to do it when faced with stock. I had to put a line on him to keep him from turning away and avoiding me and then we had to work on it a bit. By the end he was backing up on command without the pressure of me or the stock stick. Now I know this will not hold up till the next lesson but it's a start. Also was working him on whistles. Dare was a good boy today. We worked on driving the sheep to the corner and then I asked for a flank to the fence which I was not gettting. I calmly went out and showed him what I wanted and by golly, the 3rd time he actually did it. He and Edge chased a sheep off and turned sharply and now Dare is lame. of course he is just when we were getting somewhere. Edge drove again and corrected the line on his own once of twice so I am happy with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment