WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, January 9, 2015

COLD YESTERDAY

I stayed in the trailer for most of the morning but when I went out the cows were up close so I decided to try and get them in the area where I could sort them. One did not want to go and started to chase Dually and then I quit. I think I will buy some grain and do it safely. There are 3 calves that would be safe to work if I can get them separated out.
I can keep the grain in the bin I keep my sewer hose in and lock it in the dog kennel over here on the side. I made a scoop out of an empty water bottle this morning . I don't know if they are used to grain but I will need to find something to put the grain in or on because if they have to scramble for it on the ground they aren't going to be as interested. I'll go out today and find a Tractor Supply, I need some dog food anyway.

I stopped at a real estate office yesterday and talked to a realtor about looking for a piece of property. She sent me 3 listings this am but none of them appeal to me.

I found out one of the local Publix groceries does not sell sushi. I need to check the other one because there sushi restaurant was not very good. I had lunch there and gave a lot of it to the dogs. Hard to compete with Kaizen in Sturbridge.

Also stopped at the Grand Oaks resort and museum. It is an outstanding equestrian facility -multi million dollar and it was just beautiful. They weren't open so I did not see the museum but might try again today.

I did a load of laundry because it was a nice warm place to be yesterday and then I came home and made a nice chicken soup and watched a movie that I got a redbox. It is called Belle and based on a true story of a mulatto woman raised in privilege in England in teh 1700's .. It was a good historical movie with a love interest.

Waking up today allowed me to see a ooyote following the fence line across the pasture. The dogs went out and barked but were not in a position to see this thing so not sure what they were barking at.

No comments:

Post a Comment