WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, January 9, 2015

COYOTE DAY

WHen I got up this morning I tracked a coyote walking the middle fence line. Tonight after I got home from shopping, I let the dogs out and then went in the trailer to make a phone call. As I was sitting at my table looking out the window, I see a coyote much closer than this morning . He was wandering around and looking at the trailer where the dogs were out. The dogs could not see him because of the lay of the land. When he started to come closer I went out and spooked him. He left I thought. I went back in and sat at the same table and he came back and sat and stared at the trailer. and then he turned around and put his back to us and sat. Then he started to come over again and I called the dogs in and he stayed around a little while and then wandered off. A gun would have been nice to scare him off or firecrackers, neither of which do I own.

So Lee was here while I was gone and he put up a gate for me and fixed the wiring so it doesn't have to go as far. He is excited about coming to work his dogs and I have told him I would help him. He has never had a lesson and only learned from books and tapes.

No comments:

Post a Comment