WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Saturday

I went to the Lady Lake train museum today which is basically one small room with many docents. Very nice people. I met Bill McKee who was the founding trainer and owner of a gun dog training facility in upstate NY. He and his wife have 5 acres down here and they have 2 remaining Labs. Might need to pick his brain about some training methods.
Then I went to the farm day at Tractor Supply. They had a breeder of NEBU cattle and some young cows there. They are tiny. tiny tiny . Full grown they are not as big as a NEW Foundland dog. They cost between 1200 and 1800 each. Love to have a couple, but not sure if Nat will take them in the winter. Nat???? or maybe Wendy could take them.

Today I worked the dogs in the smaller pen with some bucket obstacles which I drove them around in figure eights and complete flanks and many walk ups. I did the same thing with Edge but I was just closer to him. I stole the buckets from the abandoned property across the street.
Unfortunately, the sheep have learned to go under the fence and escape into the field when I leave during the day so now they will have to stay in the dog kennel area when I am gone galivanting. Tomorrow I am going to drive over to where they have a yoga class. I could not find the place on Fri so now I have a better idea and will scope it out before the next class.

Weather was nice today,sunny and 60's. The cattle hung out under the tree as if they were hot. I tried to fix the auto waterer since it runs all the time and I am paying for the electric. I put some plumbers tape in but it didn't quite solve the problem. I think it slowed it down though.

No comments:

Post a Comment