WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, January 2, 2015

Lesson

Today I had a lesson with Roger. We tried to duplicate Dually holding the ducks in the corner and we could not get him to hold today. So we worked on keeping Dually out away from the fence and holding the livestock on the fence. He tends to make them turn off the fence too early so this was really good for him. I used a Come instead of inside flank but I will go back to the inside flank soon.

As good as Dually is, Edgie is going to be 10x better. I worked him on the ducks a little bit. I think he has a problem grouping but he was better today than he was the last time we worked ducks here. Maybe because I was more prepared for it to happen. Then he worked 3 calves. What a nice job he did. He goes in and around and gathers them up and brings them all to me very quietly. We worked on inside flanks with him because he tends to go a little flat so we worked on widening that a bit with buckets for markers. The we worked on the fenceline and getting him to set them up for the center and also working on pulling him to me so that again he is not getting behind the and pulling them off the fence.


Went out to the movies with Kathy and we saw " The Theory of Everything" (the life story of Stephen Hawking).It was very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment