WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Worked cows

When I woke up this morning I had a plan but then Lee called me and asked if I wanted to bring the dogs over and work his calves. yes please. He gave me directions. Why is it people in Fla have trouble with directions or maybe it was people in Texas too? Anyway I found the place where the cows were which was at his son in laws place. There are 5 bull calves about 450 lbs and they worked very nicely. They challenged both dogs and then both dogs bit them and that was the end of that. Edge bit under the belly which did not make me happy but he only bit once. Dually kept rushing them when I tried to keep him on the hip going around to the right. He kept going up to the heads and creating problems. That is his away side and it must be related. I worked both dogs in the small pen and I was happy with that.

Then I went to the Fresh Market and bought some groceries. Nice store but expensive.

Came home and thought the calf in the pasture was gone. He was there when I got home but the Mom was drifting quite far from her. It's a girl. THen I got distracted and when I looked back the calf was not lying down where it had been and the Mom was getting upset. I was worried too. I got in the car to drive around the pasture. It's not a good idea to walk between a MOm and a baby. I drove around and didnt' see it so I drove around again and looked under the huge tree and there it was. Mom still was calling for it and it was not calling back so I got out of the car to get it up and it spooked and ran through the barbed wire into the next half of the pasture. geez. It kept running though which was a little worrisome. It turned and started running down the fenceline. I headed it off in the car but it didnt stop until I beeped at it. Then I waited a minute and Mom got close enough to call her and then I left.

I was going to go to the spin class but my legs hurt too much from yesterdays "lifestyle" class. That as a crock, it's a friggin exercise class. Fool me once shame on me.

SO I worked Edge on the ducks instead. He has such nice pace and balance, but he does not know his flanks well enough yet. Tomorrow I am going to pick up some lattice to make some panels and stuff for the ducks.

I was sweeping out the trailer and the door popped open and scared Edge who was under the trailer and he got caught in the antenna wire and ripped it out at both ends. I had to go out and buy another coaxial cable tonight to watch tv.

Ready for bed now. Seems like I was busy busy all day. Oh ya stopped and got a haircut when I went out tonight for another coax.

No comments:

Post a Comment