WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, August 24, 2015

Day 3

THat was yesterday.  But I forgot to blog.  I worked Kip on ducks for the very first time.  He did very well.  I was pleasantly surprised. He liked working them a lot. He likes working anything a lot. I worked Dually and Edge on ducks too. Dually did not bust in on them.  Not sure why.  Maybe because I was ready to go after him.  Edge worked on some flanks and some stops.  I had a lot of trouble getting him to do an inside flank away from me without coming off the stock way too much. He's way to square on the inside flanks. He takes all pressure off.  Not sure how to fix that. I tried having Cindy out there with him with me at the fence. but she could not get him to flank in close either.

Newt worked the sheep yesterday.  And he did a very nice job.  No blow ups. Today we are going to try and see if we can provoke a blow up so we can figure out how Cindy could fix it on her own without me or anyone else there so she will more confidently be able to work him on sheep.

We started Laura's dog Riddle on the ducks too. She was a little dive in and lose interest, dive in and lose interest, but I think we can work with that.

Today we are going to start with the cows.  and then later go to Ellesworth to the LL Bean outlet and to a Japanese restaurant for dinner. Sounds like fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment