WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, August 13, 2015

Training Day

Wow what a successful day!!

First of all Kip is dead lame on left front today. No idea why.  He worked goats yesterday and did a great job.  But no work for him today. He was crated all day although he seems to get a little better if he stays out of the crate. 

I worked Edge on the goats in the control pen .  But first I have to day he is getting better at gathering the livestock without my telling him every step to go on.  Tough love.
So I set some panels up and we worked on me being outside the pen and him taking my commands.  I find that this exercise sharpens them up so much because there is no body language involved. It has to be voice commands only.   He did a good job getting the goats to go in the panels the ways I directed him.

 Dually not so much.  So I go in there and we worked the corner exercise go by.  Apparently I have worked away so much his go  bye is  broke.  I moved the panels in and made a wall so that he could not break out after I sent him around the goats.  Worked like a charm. 

Then later tonight, I took the 2 of them to the top of the hill behind the arena and Dually found a stick to hold and Edge worked the flock in the arena with me on the hill. He did a good job of walking up and he took most of my flanks.  I was very pleased with him.

Dually then worked some aspects of the course and he did a great job.  We had 4 sheep that really did not want to stay together that well and he kept then together and they nade most of the panels and he took my go by at the 3rd panel.  He was a star.  

Sorry I know you probably have no idea what I am talking about but suffice to say I am happy with both of them tonight and I can see where we can go and how to get there.

No comments:

Post a Comment