WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, August 10, 2015

Training

So I took Dually and Edge out back and locked mr noise(Kip) in a crate in the house and closed the doors so theoretically we can't hear him.  It doesn't really work that way but at least it does not upset Dually when he can't hear as well.

I worked Dually first and we worked on the center panels and had some lighter sheep.  We were getting some consistency and then I put them in the take pen and tried that.  They run to the shed when they come out so he had to catch them and turn them back which is not the way I want to start the course.  I have to figure a way to keep them closer to the take pen so I can finesse the center panels.  I also tried to go on but panel 1 we make ok and panel 2 but then when I want him to take a fast and wide go by I am not getting in.  well that is what training is for right?  Then we worked on the center again with not much success. Sheep were too light and I was not helping enough. 

Switched to Edge and he did some driving. He did a pretty good job holding them to the fence all the way around, but it occurred to me after that they were light sheep and he did not have to push at all.  I need to set up a chute and find a way that he has to push them thru without my help. He was more willing to go get sheep tonight after our training session yesterday. 

Tomorrow it's supposed to rain so maybe no training. 

I gave the sick sheep a beer and some pro-bios.  She has not had anything to drink since yesterday.  It's not easy to poor beer down a sheep.  I think she will die.

No comments:

Post a Comment