WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Busy Day

  I got up this am and started to work on the pen and the gates.  I got one side of the pen done although later today, I put the goats in it and went to the grocery store and came back and the goats were no longer in the pen. Panic.  Ok they were still in the pasture.  They had pushed out a bottom corner that I had not fastened very well.  Geez where the hell do they think they can go.  Hopefully not far.  I guess they don't like it here yet. 

Anyway I hung 2 gates today and unrolled the 2nd roll of fencing and placed it against the fence. It's very hard to nail in the fencing staples. I guess I don't have much strength. Or these posts are really hard. 

The landscaper came back and finished the work he started yesterday and also fixed the sewer pipe he broke yesterday.  He bought 4 in pipe to fix and and guess what it was 3in pipe which is not code now, but hopefully it was when they built this place. Anyway it's fixed and I checked it.  So now I can start fencing in the dog area. I am toying with the idea of having it done by somebody.  It's a bitch of a job by myself and I hate not having the equipment to stretch it.

I worked the goats with Edgie in the pen and out of the pen although that was not my intent. The 3 older goats worked ok and the young one was in a complete panic  and ran off by itself a couple of times. NOt a good idea with Edge on the job . I finally talked to my neighbor who raises goats and asked him about predators and he said they weren't a problem. That's good but I will still have to worry about escaping goats.  He sells them too if I need more.


1 comment:

  1. Good to hear you talked to your neighbor. How did you manage to contact them?

    ReplyDelete