WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Goat has been outsmarted

I woke up and she was stuck in the fence again , but at 2:30 last night I finally understood how you could put a bar across the horns and stop her from putting her head thru.  So today I cut a fresh stick off of one of my oaks and cut it to about 8inches. Dually gathered them up and put them in the stall and I lassoed her and tied her up so I could handle her.  I duct taped the stick to her horns and let her loose.  I decided after I did it that I should have taped the stick to the top of the horns rather than the bottom but hopefully it was going to work.  I then watched her try to put her head thru unsuccessfully so maybe it really did work.  I haven't checked her since about 3 this afternoon so I should go out and check before I go to bed. flashlight check

I took a long nap this afternoon because after waking at 2:30 I could not get back to sleep for a while.  I'm not sleeping very well down here. Not sure why.

So around 9:30 I decided to try to clean the grout and tile in the guest bathroom. I have been looking at it for weeks and it's getting more and more disgusting.  So I used salt, dawn,water and vinegar and it worked really well. What didn't work was the toothbrush . too soft so tomorrow I will pick up a nail brush which is much stiffer.  Dollar store down the street should be good for that.  I didn't get very far.

I also fixed another gate today so at least when I close it the dogs can't push it open and come right behind me.  Dually rolled in something disgusting and he has had 2 washings but still stinks.   I gave Layla her bath this morning .  I think it was today. Seems like a long time ago.  She is out cold on the floor. What a sweetie.

No comments:

Post a Comment