WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, January 22, 2016

Edgie gets his BHI

 That is his Barn Hunt Instinct Title.  It actually is an AKC title .  

I entered him in the instinct test because it was at a location other than where we have been training and I wasnt' sure he would know what to do.   He went right to the rat and indicated. He has the cutest little indication.  He cocks his head and looks at me and then looks back at the tube with the rat in it.  He's got an easy " tell". 
Then we moved on to the novice class.  The novice class was in another building and he was wired. He was running around like a lunatic (at least faster than normal)and not really concentratiting.  I called Rat once but the judge didn't hear me so didn't nq me.  It was not a rat but an empty tube. I ran out of time but he found the rat finally.  The 2nd run went much better.  He did his tunnel quickly and then his climb and then he found the rat.  We got 2nd place. The first place dog was really quick. 

I am not entered tomorrow but they take day of entries so if I can get some sleep tonight, i will probably go back and try to finish his Novice rat title(giggle). There are 2 trials a day and you need 3 legs to title so I could title tomorrow and move up to OPen on sunday. 

The leather recliner that I ordered is in and I either need to go pick it up or decide to have it delivered.  Trying to decide now.  Take a nap or go get chair.

No comments:

Post a Comment