WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, February 5, 2016

dog training

I wasnt'going to do it, but I was there and the opportunity presented itself(I mean train the dogs). I've mostly lost my impetus and my interest and my mojo. 

I sent Dually about 250 yds to get the goats. He stopped on the way and crossed over a couple of times but they all came back to me.  He stopped on the way back too. He stops a lot now.  He got them all the way back to the barn and I took him out and put Kip in.  I worked them in the little pen and Kip did a nice job. I flanked him all the way around and he did not try to back away from them. I walked hiim up on them and he sorta tried to hesitate but he kept going.  I was very happy with what he did. He would not have been able to do what I asked a few weeks ago.   I need to keep building his courage. 

Then Edge who did some nice flanks and some nice walkups and we are working on the inside flanks with him farther  away from me.  I tried a back up before the flank word and it sorta worked but need to work on the back up a little more.

I also replaced 2 bulbs in my outside lights so both sides of the back deck will be lit now.  Whew easy fix.

It was a cool night and a cool morning and so I didn't do anything until afternoon.  I went and did a load of laundry and went to the cupcake store. It was just okay. The coffee was good though.  Then to the Thrift store and Walmarts.  I got some fabric glue to finish the lining of the drawer in my coffee table and then "fini". 

My new couch will be delivered next Tues and they will  exhange this reclinier for another one at the same time since this one is stuck /half way up .  At least I can use it this way but would like it to work correctly. 

Tomorrow is a goat roast and "party".  BYOB.  I think water will be fine..

No comments:

Post a Comment