WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Adventure to Alabama

Not much sleep last night, but got up and on the road at 6:20 still dark  I pulled out of the driveway and heard some grinding noises but thought nothing of it. The trailer always makes noises.  After driving about 4 miles I remembered that Iforgot to close the door and put the steps up. Uh oh. So I pulled over and yes the step were all bent up --crap-- I managed to close the bottom step enough to keep going.  10 more miles and I thought I left the door open what if my stuff that I had just jammed thru the door had fallen out. I pulled over again to check. Phew it was all there.

Uneventful until a gas and empty black water stop. Actually that went very smoothy and back on the road for only another 100 miles.   I get to Rogers and pull in where I normally pull in and the trailer catches a wire that was loose from the storm and I pull the whole thing down which was of course a live electric wire. no shock. yuck yuck

Joe helps me back in the trailer and level it and I look for the keys for the storage areas on the trailer which I had just locked back at the FlyingJ when I emptied it,.  NO keys anywhere,so I cna't get at my "stuff".  water hose, blocks, etc.   Then while I am thinking about the keys and where the heck were they I realize I had probably pulled them out of my pocket when I pulled my car keys out andthey fell on the ground and I didn't notice. Great.   I called the Flying J and sent them out into the parking lot and they found them and will hold them until Monday. Still can't get in the storage bays.

Joe and Roger remove the bent stairs from my trailer and take hammers and a sledge to it for 2 hrs. They gave up and we had lunch.  2 more younger guys show up and pop it twice and its good to go and now its back on the trailer and usable and while they were at it they popped by storage units andthey are open now too.

hot shower and heat on and I'm going to bed.  night

No comments:

Post a Comment