WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Tuesday, February 9, 2016

The goats

Yesterday I was going to try and work Kip and have Dually back him up in  the big field.  Kip lost them to the barn so we went up there and he had them cornered in the stall so I took the opportunity to work them in the stall. Not one of my better ideas. They tboned Kip a couple of times but then I got him to heel them but he wont' face the head. So I brought Edge in and they tried it on him but he will truly bite. Problem is , he wont' bite heads either, but will bite any goat I point to. Ha

Today we did not work goats. Too cold. WE went to work rats.  Dually was very frantic at first but I left him alone and he settled and found the rats and pounced on them fun.  Edge did very well too and bit again at the tubes if he could see them. Problem is they are always covered with straw and he has to learn to remove the straw to bite them.  I think it's only a matter of time.

I met a couple at barn hunt originally from Maine and we know lots of the same people so that was cool.  they are now living in their 5th wheel and have no real house.  With 4 dogs.

No comments:

Post a Comment