WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Sister and BIL visit

 Carol and Mike got here last Tues and Mike has been working his tail off on my house. Carol and I have been galivanting.  Mike and Carol bought me a TV mount and Mike put it up. It's perfect.  He fixed the rotted casement on the back door, went on the roof and put screening around the chimney so no more birds in the stove.  He hung the heavy grate over my bedroom door and hung a serape by the dining table and another serape over the guest suite(lol).  Carol and I found a crappy picture in a good frame with a double mat and glass to fit my art piece from Jean.  We painted the gold frame black and cleaned it and mounted it and it looks wonderful.  If I had ordered a frame and mat it would have been at least $200 but this cost $35 and $2 in paint. SCORE!!!

We went out to dinner once and lunch once but we ate in the rest of the time.  Today CArol and I went to the Cedar Lake Quarry garden.  We went to Rainbow River state park on Friday and we really liked it. Lovely gardens and waterfalls. 

I found an old log piece today with a bunch of air plants on it and I hung it on the back deck.  I also picked some grapevines and made a wreath covered with spanish moss. Not sure where that is going to go.  It's beginning to look like a home.

No comments:

Post a Comment