WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Wednesday, November 28, 2012

Leaving Massachusetts

I just had to really think how to spell Massachusetts and not sure I got it right.  Anyway, I slept in this am knowing I was doing a short trip  today.   I was still loading and closing up the trailer at 10am and then I ran the dogs a bit before we left.  Of course when I went to close the dining table bumpout it wouldn't close so I had to go get the step ladder in the barn and drag it down and used my ice scraper to get the pine needles and leaves and ice out of it. It didn't take too long but it was jut another thing. I checked one blinker before I left and it worked so I assumed the rest did.  It turns out I have no running lights so it is good I stopped early tonight. So  I left at 10:30 and stopped to get a cup of coffee for the road and some of those bad for you mini frosted donuts in a package.

I gave the puppy stuffed kong and a raw bone to keep him busy and it must have worked because I only heard peeps from him as the car started and by the last gas up he had stopped peeping. I couldn't see DAre but I imagine he was not having a fun time. He seems exhausted.  Actually everybody is just laying around right now.  Dare and the pup are in crates and Peaches and Dually are out right now.  Taking turns so I can keep the peace.

It turns out that I get 8.6 miles to the gallon towing this thing. Whoowhoo.  I wish I hadn't figurred it out.

I have internet here and might have tv but I don't have a tv cord to hook up outside. Not sure if I have one for inside either.  More to discover! And yes I have had this trailer for over a year and never had a tv in it.

I'm hoping the resident mouse was out when I left this morning. I will set the trap toight. Yesterday he ate the peanut butter and didnt' get caught.  Smarty pants. Old trap too.

7pm is probably too early to go to bed so maybe I will walk half a mile and take a shower or watch a movie

1 comment:

  1. Glad you're sharing your trip. I'll enjoy reading about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete