WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, October 19, 2015

More BAd very bad news

We got home last night about 5:30.  I was in bed by 8 with no pain. but Dually was up and down on the bed, breathing funny and whining every now and then. He is not a whiner. There was something wrong.
I called the Vet at 8 am and got a 9:50 appt.  I told her "There is something wrong with my dog" She checked him out and decided to do blood work, urinalysis, heartworm(oh how I wish it was heartworm)xrays  and the xray showed a very enlarged heart putting pressure on his trachea and causing his little cough which I thought might be kennel cough.(I wish it was kennel cough), She called it cardiomyopathy.  Which when I googled , it's an enlarged diseased heart muscle most often found in male dogs.. Prognosis is not good.  I have an ultrasound scheduled tomorrow and we will go from there, but it sounds like it will be comfort measures.  She said he would never work again.  He;s only 7.  

1 comment: