WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Bye bye Dare

    I almost lost the little bugger today on rt 80 in Pa.  I stopped at a rest area and I walked only him because he was sick last night( he was fine) and then I tried to put him back in the car.  He hates the car and backed out of his collar and ran around the trailer onto the entrance road and could have gone straight onto the highway.   Would have been Dead Dare and Dumb Diane.  Anyway I called him knowing he would not come to me but I hurried in the other direction towards the building and the picnic area. He came and when we got to the picnic tables, I sat down and he came right over to me. I tightened up his collar and just in case I made a harness out of the leash and back to the car we went.   He hardly gave me any trouble that time.

I putzed around this morning at the campground walking all the dogs and I'm not sure what else I did, but we didn't leave until 12:15.  I started looking for a campground around 5 and it took until 6:30  to find one, but it's nice and there is a huge area for the dogs to run free ( as long as nobody is shooting skeet).  It is right next to the highway and a bit noisy, but hopefully I will sleep anyway.

Mikey got into Dually's food this morning and so he has eaten 21/2 times more than normal so he may be getting me up in the middle of the night. Dare seems ok though.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes! Scary. Glad all turned out okay with Dare. My dogs hate the car too and I can see that happening to us. Hope you make it through the night without having to do the ole rush outside. ;-)

    ReplyDelete