WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Monday, April 11, 2011

Road Trip #2

   I am getting ready to leave for Indiana.  I have cleaned the trailer, flushed the antifreeze out, closed up the hot water heater,checked the lights,put the extra side mirrors on the truck, turned on the frig,put some food in, and started to think about packing.  Everything seems to be working so I'm psyched. 
   I actually worked the dogs a couple of times this week too.  Dare did an awesome crossdrive in the middle of the arena with no redirects.  Very proud mama.    I tried penning today and that went okay, not great but we forgot to practice it.  Oh  well.   Dually  was good and found the sweet spot to keep the sheep against the fence while we pushed them up the arena.  I could theoretically fetch them but he probably will push them over me so we are doing a semi drive and he did well.  As long as I read the sheep and slow him down when they start to get tense it all goes well.

    Had a really good lesson today with BC's.  These are dogs that the owner thought would never work and they just keep getting  better and better.  Made me feed good.

2 comments: