WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Friday, April 22, 2011

The Long Way Home



The campground I stayed at for 2 nights was perfect except no  wifi.  Great for the dogs though.  WE had bad thunderstorms last night and torrential rains and Peaches and Dare had diarrhea because of something vile they ate in the woods.  Dare is fine now. Peaches not yet.
    I got up early to get to the trial site at 7am .  I had in my head that the handlers meeting was at 7 .  It was not. It was at 7:45.  Not a great site for a trial.  Parking was away from the entrance gates and you had to walk down the street and thru  some yard to get there. Duck arena was nice and ducks were fine. Dare did a very nice outrun and lift and that’s it.  He tried to fetch  them directly  to me but they were feeling too much pressure from me and he wouldn’t take his off balance flanks and so they split and he bit and that was just about it.
Sheep  was worse. He crossed over on the outrun and then just stopped. I called him back and redirected him and he took it  but when they saw him  and moved he dived in.  I called  it.  
So I left early and I am southeast of Cleveland but not very far I don’t’ think.  If I push hard tomorrow, I could make it home.  Not sure I want to do that.
I found a campground that has wifi but I can’t get it to work. They have a low signal.  Maybe if I take the laptop to the bathrooms I could get it to work.  I’ll try it. 

I did get it to work . Yay.  HOme tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment