WELCOME

Thanks for visiting my blog. It's rather flattering to have someone read your minds meanderings. I hope it's entertaining and sometimes educational.

Sunday, December 9, 2012

ASCA trial day one



First of all I have fresh water leaking out of the back of the trailer so I will have to drop it a Camping World  and get it fixed on Monday.   So I can’t leave the pump on—no big deal, but it is a big deal that it is leaking.   Rooster woke me up at 2am but I found my good earplugs so I could get back to sleep.

I have done 4 goat runs, 4 duck runs and 2 cattle runs so far.  None of them were very good.  My last cattle run with Dually , I gave up  and repenned them.  They kept turning back on him and he was going to dive in and fight and not hold pressure which is what he was doing and it was not getting any better even with me right there helping him.

2nd cattle run with Dare was much better.  Not sure how much better but we got them in the pen fairly easily and then we had a nice repen and we got all the panels.  Had a little trouble starting them and I did ask him to go in and bite but he jumped at them and that was good enough.
2nd cattle run with Dually was better but we still didn’t get the center pen because he gets wild on me and then his flanks are too wide and too fast or too close and too fast. 


Duck runs weren’t too bad. I made it thru all of them. 
Goat runs were this morning and I really don’t’ remember them.  Sorry  I should have blogged earlier.
Anyway –10/12 Q’s and one 2nd place and one 4th place.  Not very good

So tonight we went to Mexican and I took my car because I needed to make a stop at an RX to get a script which of course wasn’t there.  Then I  went to the restaurant which we had been to last year and it’s pretty good. I got the check and left a little early so I could stop at the grocery store which I did, but then on the way home, I was on the right road but missed a turn off and I was coming up on what I thought was an accident so  I made a uturn and the cops were on my like white on rice.  Apparently it was a roadblock check and they thought I was avoiding it.  Yikes and I had had a big margarita.  Anyway they checked me out and sent me on my way which was still down the wrong road. I had to fire up the GPS to get on the right road.  Slept well though

No comments:

Post a Comment